20060414

BNL, 'Another Postcard'

I went to the library last night and checked out some CDs, including Barenaked Ladies' "Everything to Everyone". One of the tracks was "Another Postcard," which includes such lyrics as:
    You can't imagine so many monkeys in the daily mail
    All of them coming anonymously so they leave no trail
    I never thought I'd have an admirer from overseas
    But someone is sending me stationary filled with chimpanzees.

    ...

    [Chorus]
    Another postcard with chimpanzees
    And every one is addressed to me.
So after playing it for hcff on the ride in to work this morning, it was still on my mind when we went for coffee at Ancora. So, as I'm singing, "another postcard with chimpanzees...," hcff and I look at the Isthmus that PS is reading and see the headline "Chimps Are Chumps."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home