20061008

'Insanity' Connection

Last Wednesday, the 4th, shortly after the events that prompted KU to post a couple entries, he and I went to stretch our legs and buy a soda from the vending machines. I inserted my dollar bill into the bill slot and then dropped my quarter into the coin slot. (Yes, $1.25 for a 20 oz. soda. I know I'm an idiot.) No luck. My quarter was spit back out into the coin return. Hmmm... So, I tried again. Still no-go. Again? Nope. Once more? Zip. This time for sure. Nada. Grrr...!

"Isn't that the definition of insanity?" asked KU, ever helpful. "Trying the exact same thing over and over again, expecting something different to happen?"

"Ha ha," I retorted, "very funny. Didn't we just talk about that?"

"No," he replied.

"Oh wait," I amended. "I know what it was! I heard that very same definition on the Bob & Tom Show this morning!"

I don't know when the last time I heard that definition/quote was, (if ever). Then to hear it twice in one day. Add to this the fact that I never listen to Bob & Tom, but just happened to have heard it that morning because I was home a little bit later in the morning and my Wife was listening to it.

Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home