20061030

'Vegas/Excalibur' Connection

(Originally drafted 10/28/2006 @ 03:08 AM, but since Blogger seemed to be having problems for much of the weekend, you get it now, 2 days later...)

Thursday night I dealt Blackjack at a last minute event for the company I periodically work for. It was a catered event, as they typically are. At one point, a woman at my table stood up and said, "I'm going to go get a cookie." She then asked, "Do they say that in Vegas? 'I'm going to go get a cookie?'"

I told her, "No. They usually say "I'm going to go get a beer,' or 'I'm going to go see the dancing girls,' or 'I'm going to go watch the Thunder From Down Under.'"

"What's that?" asked the woman.

"It's a group of Australian male strippers," answered a friend of hers at the table. "They were there when I was in Vegas staying at Excalibur."

"Really?" I questioned, "they were there when I stayed at Excalibur too. When were you there?"

"About 2 years ago," she answered.

"Wow, so I was I," I boggled.

Connections:
  • A woman at my Blackjack table and I had been in the same city, in the same hotel at around the same time
  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    I had a work dinner last night with a guy that has lived here for 30 years, only to find out that we share a mutual friend in San Diego, 3,000 miles away. I thought that was pretty cool, but not as cool as the Vegas/Excalibur connection.

    06:52  
    Blogger KarTunes said...

    Oh, I beg to differ. I think that connection is very cool! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    01:57  

    Post a Comment

    « Home