20061107

'Argus' Connections

I came into work tonight around 10:30 or so. I didn't have any reason to stay at home, and had some things I could do at work, so I took off. Once at work, around Midnight, or so, I started thinking I could use a drink, so I headed to The Argus. I was talking to the bartender there for a bit, (I was the only patron), when a couple young guys walk in. They ordered their drinks and were talking, when all of a sudden one of them calls out my name and starts walking over to me. I look at him and recognize him, but can't quite place him. He tells me, "c'mon, you gotta know me." Then it hits me: "Mike!" He's the (just) 22 year old son of a long-time friend of my family's. He tells his friend who I am, and that we haven't seen each other in probably 8 years or so. It's probably pretty close to the truth, (which explains why I didn't quite place him at first). He said they had just gotten off work. I told him I actually was working. We talked for a bit until they had to split. The whole thing was pretty cool.

After they left, I was telling the bartender about how much I like spotting coincidences/connections like that. "Why was I here?" I asked. "Why did I come in to work tonight, and then decide to come over to the bar? It's just kinda cool." So as I'm explaining all this to her, (why did she keep inching towards the exit?), what song comes on the freaking radio station but "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol! "This is exactly what I'm talking about!" I told her, excitedly. "Guess what song I just transferred to Rob," (I'd been speaking of Rob's imminent departure with her an hour or so prior), "this morning in Y!M, the day before he leaves for Australia, after he had asked for it several weeks ago!" Yes, "Chasing Cars."

Hmmm...hope I haven't totally alienated her now.

Connections:
  • In the right place at the right time, to see an old friend that I haven't seen in years
  • Talking about connections with someone right as one, ("Chasing Cars" coming on the radio), occurs
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    « Home