20061201

'Autism' Connection

OK, I've got some things to put in here quick just to get them documented. I hope to fill in more detail later...

I was waiting at "Immediate Care" this past Sunday to have my sore throat checked out. While sitting in the waiting room, I was looking at the Nov. 13, 2006 issue of Newsweek. I was reading an article on p.64 about Borat. At the end of the article, on p.69, there was a side story about Sacha Baron Cohen, the man behind Borat. It referenced his brother, Dr. Simon Baron Cohen, calling him "a psychologist and one of the world's chief experts on autism." Minutes later, CNN, tuned in on the TV in the waiting room, played a promo for an upcoming news special on "autism."

Connections:
  • Two unrelated references to autism within about five minute's time in two different media
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    « Home