20061201

'Paul Mooney' Connection

OK, I've got some things to put in here quick just to get them documented. I hope to fill in more detail later...

I was waiting at "Immediate Care" this past Sunday to have my sore throat checked out. While sitting in the waiting room, I was looking at the Nov. 13, 2006 issue of Newsweek. I was reading an article on p.64 about Borat. It referenced Paul Mooney and his take on "shocking comedy" and pushing the envelope. Shortly thereafter, CNN, tuned in on the TV in the waiting room, referenced Paul Mooney when discussing Michael Richards' latest racial outburst, and his subsequent appearance on Jesse Jackson's radio talk show. Richards, identified Mooney as being one of a number of people that had called in to the show during it's 2 hour broadcast.

I don't know if I've ever heard of the guy and then suddenly twice, in the same afternoon.

Connections:
  • Two unrelated references to Paul Mooney within an hour's time in two different media
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    « Home